No jrt-fs.jar in JRE?

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Mon May 30 08:33:25 UTC 2016

On 30/05/2016 09:09, Jayaprakash Arthanareeswaran wrote:

> :
>

> Sorry it wasn't clear. What I really meant was to be able to create a
> URLClassLoader
> to load from jrt-fs.jar and use the JRT FileSystem API. Without the
> jrt-fs.jar, what
> are our options?

If the target runtime image does not have jrt-fs.jar then you won't be
able to access its contents from another runtime image. It also means it
cannot be the target for cross compilation (`javac -system ...`).

As things stand then the JDK has jrt-fs.jar and TBD (tracked as
JDK-8153079 [1]) on whether there should be a jrt-fs.jar in all runtime
images (as least by default).