Review Request: JDK-8168836 Minor clean up on warning/error messages on --add-exports and --add-reads

Mandy Chung mandy.chung at oracle.com
Tue Jan 3 21:28:22 UTC 2017

> On Jan 3, 2017, at 1:04 PM, David Holmes <david.holmes at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Mandy,
>

>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk9/webrevs/8168836/webrev.00/
>>
>> This patch improves the warning/error message to include the option name, emit a warning if unknown module is specified with —-patch-module be consistent with the options.
>>
>> Mandy
>
> As a result of this change we now reject an empty classpath with an error:
>
> /java/re/jdk/9/promoted/all/150/binaries/linux-x64/bin/java -cp "" Hello
> Error: -cp requires class path specification
>
> was that intentional? We've accepted an empty -cp value for a very long time.

No this is not intentional.  This line seems to be the cause of the regression:
  1250         jboolean has_arg = value != NULL && JLI_StrLen(value) > 0;

I’ll fix it.  I had a test checking on empty classpath that passed.  I’ll look into it how this test case is missed.

http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/jdk/file/d27bab22ff62/test/tools/launcher/modules/classpath/JavaClassPathTest.java

Thanks for finding it.
Mandy