Review Request: JDK-8173096 jmod files are not world-readable

Peter Levart peter.levart at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 11:17:13 UTC 2017

Hi Mandy,

On 01/21/2017 03:32 AM, Mandy Chung wrote:
> Updated webrev to put the temporary file in the same containing directory of the target file:
>    http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mchung/jdk9/webrevs/8173096/webrev.01

That's ok. Maybe also specify ATOMIC_MOVE to CopyOption ... options in
Files.move() ? Currently the move will be atomic (rename in UNIX
terminology) because the source and target are in the same directory,
but if renaming fails for some reason, it will try the fallback to
copy(src, dst) + remove(src). If you add ATOMIC_MOVE to options, failure
to rename will result in exception. I don't know which one do you prefer?

Regards, Peter