ResolutionException when migrating to Jigsaw

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Thu Mar 2 18:55:19 UTC 2017

On 02/03/2017 14:31, Rahman USTA wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm getting the following exception when I try to move my project to Jigsaw.
>
> java.lang.module.ResolutionException: Modules *plugin* and *jdk.plugin.dom*
> export package *com.sun.java.browser.plugin2* to module
> *ikonli.fontawesome.pack*
>
> What does it mean? How can I resolve this issue?

It is possible that you've found $JAVA_HOME/lib/deploy/plugin.jar which
is included in Oracle's JDK for use by older JDK's that use the newer
version of the plugin? That should be ignored when using modules. If
ikonli.fontawesome.pack is using the plugin DOM API then it should only
need to `requires jdk.plugin.dom`.