#VersionsInModuleNames

Robert Scholte rfscholte at apache.org
Wed Mar 15 20:00:27 UTC 2017

On Wed, 15 Mar 2017 11:13:25 +0100, Stephen Colebourne
<scolebourne at joda.org> wrote:

> I'm sure there are plenty of other examples on Maven Central. But it
> doesn't really matter. Both of these are valid reasons to name a
> project with a number at the end. As such, the #VersionsInModuleNames
> proposal cannot stand.

Even though I fully agree that it doesn't matter, I have gathered a
list[1] of groupIds+artifacIds which end on a number for some reason. The
list is way too long (almost 30.000) to paste here.
I haven't analyzed it yet, but you can see quite some libraries which are
bridges to a specific version of another library or jdk, hence they need
to include that version in the artifactId.

Robert

[1] https://gist.github.com/rfscholte/48095f061fbed5177355097421d420b7