When will Jigsaw be fully merged with the early access JDK 9?

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Fri Mar 17 13:52:55 UTC 2017

On 17/03/2017 13:44, Paul Deitel wrote:

> I am currently testing with JDK 9 from both
>
> 	https://jdk9.java.net/download/ <https://jdk9.java.net/download/>
>
> and
>
> 	https://jdk9.java.net/jigsaw/ <https://jdk9.java.net/jigsaw/>
>
> When will these be merged into a single download (or have they been already)?

Yeah, it can be confusing. The module system was merged into the main
JDK 9 downloads about a year ago, it's also been refreshed several
times. There are a number of open issues around the design so the Jigsaw
EA builds will often a bit ahead with changes to support proposals and
discussions on those issues. At this time there then are only a small
number of changes that aren't in JDK 9. We will be bringing those
changes into JDK 9 soon (using the process proposal for critical changes
due JDK 9 rampdown).