Better tools for adjusting to strong encapsulation

Michael Rasmussen michael.rasmussen at zeroturnaround.com
Wed Mar 22 10:59:32 UTC 2017

On 22 March 2017 at 12:28, Roel Spilker <r.spilker at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is especially a problem because the users of my program cannot do
> anything themselves to get rid of it. In my opinion, they should not be
> bothered by messages intended for the developer.
>
> Since this is a tool to help developers, can you either make it an opt-in
> or at least an opt-out feature?
Well, in this case, as the warnings only appear because one of the
"override" JVM options were added, unless you're pushing those
settings to the end-user, they won't see these warnings.

But I do agree with the general gist of it (and what Jochen wrote).
JDK9 seems to be adding (too) many stderr outputs that are on by
default (not limited to jigsaw), and you have to go digging for
specific properties or special -XX JVM flags to set in order to
disable them (if at all possible).

Regards,
Michael Rasmussen
JRebel, ZeroTurnaround