Better tools for adjusting to strong encapsulation

Remi Forax forax at univ-mlv.fr
Wed Mar 22 16:50:11 UTC 2017

Hi Andrew,
it's not that relevant, we are beyond that point.

Introducing SystemLogger is an implicit way to recognize that java.logging is a bad API and that the JDK should cut its ties to that API (when it's possible, i.e. when Logger is not part of the public API).

I see the SystemLogger API is a way to get logging info from the JDK and to redirect them to whatever logger i want, so one can have the JDK log info and the application log info at the same place.

cheers,
Rémi