Progress report on SLF4J project modularization

Ceki Gülcü ceki at qos.ch
Fri Mar 24 17:41:24 UTC 2017

Hi All,

The initial phase of SLF4J project modularization in preparation for
Java 9/Jigsaw went well. I ran into many wrinkles most of which were
due to my own ignorance about Java 9 modules.

You can see the results at

https://github.com/qos-ch/slf4j/tree/1_8_0-SNAPSHOT

Now that the initial phase of modularization is done, I looked at
creating mutlti-release jars for the SLF4J project. However, after
having spent 2 full days on trying to get Maven to do multi-release
jars, I am giving up without having made any measurable progress.

Best regards,

--
Ceki

[1]