OpenJDK 10 and Oracle JDK10 doesn't have the same default modules

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Sun Feb 4 12:38:53 UTC 2018

On 04/02/2018 11:30, Remi Forax wrote:
> Hi all,
> it seems that the OpenJDK 10 and OracleJDK 10 doest not declare the same set of default modules, so java --add-modules ALL-DEFAULT do not behave the same way :(
>
> With Oracle JDK 10 b42, module java.scripting is part of the default modules
> https://travis-ci.org/sormuras/beautiful_logger/jobs/337153634
>
> With Oracle JDK 10 b42, module java.scripting is NOT part of the default modules,
> so javax/script/ScriptException is not found
> https://travis-ci.org/sormuras/beautiful_logger/jobs/337153635
>
> Should not ALL-DEFAULT mean the same set of default modules for a JDK release ?

These Travis jobs seem to be using ALL-MODULE-PATH (not ALL-DEFAULT) so
I don't think this is anything to do with the set of modules to resolve
when running code on the class path.

The NCFE appears to thrown by code in module org.junit.juniter.engine.
If this an explicit module and it contains code with a reference to a
class in java.scripting then it needs `requires java.scripting`,
otherwise it will not compile or tun. Maybe it's an automatic module and
so needs --add-modules to resolves the modules it depends on?