JDK-8198405 - JImageExtractTest.java & JImageListTest.java failed in Windows

Alan Bateman Alan.Bateman at oracle.com
Wed Feb 21 13:44:51 UTC 2018

On 21/02/2018 12:23, Michal Vala wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to investigate failure of JImageExtractTest on Windows.
> Failing method is testExtractToReadOnlyDir, issue is simple. It is
> trying to extract jimage to read-only directory and it must fail.
> AFAIK it is not possible to create read-only directory. I tried set
> rights programaticaly from java, manually from windows explorer and
> windows cmd. Without any success. It effectively just deny access from
> explorer and cmd.
>
> Is there any Windows expert who can confirm this or suggest solution?
> Only solution I've found is to write something to some mounted ISO
> image, which is not an option here.
>
> In case this will be confirmed I suggest to skip this single test on
> Windows.
I don't have time to detail this just now but you can specify a DACL (as
a FileAttribute<List<AclEntry>>) to Files.createDirectory so that the
directory is created with an initial DACL that denies access.
Alternatively, you can change the DACL of an existing directory. Yes, a
bit complicated to setup. I don't think it would be too much of a
surprise for this sub-test to only execute on platforms that support
POSIX file permissions (I think some of the tests check this already).