Separate logging for JPMS module/layer

Alex Sviridov ooo_saturn7 at mail.ru
Tue Oct 2 21:54:48 UTC 2018

Hi all,

Could anyone say how the following problem can be solved. I want to create separate
log file for every JPMS module/layer. The problem is that many libraries/programs
use LoggerFactory.getLogger(String className) so in getLogger I have only
the name of the class as String, so I can't get module and layer.

If I had not String className, but Class klass then the problem would be easily solved.
As I understand I can't load class by name because it would require all modules export
their packages to logging framework that has no sense.

Are there any solutions for such problem?

--
Alex Sviridov