Review Request: JMC-6217 Update mail.api and its dependencies

Prem Balakrishnan prem.balakrishnan at oracle.com
Tue Nov 27 12:04:25 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Please review the fix for HYPERLINK "https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JMC-6217"JMC-6217

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~pkbalakr/jmc/6217/webrev.00/

Issue: javax.activiation is an EE module and it's not shipped any more with JDK 9 onwards.

In order to use mail feature in JMC 7.0.0 we need to use mail.api which requires javax.activation.

After including javax.activation package, we were still not able to trigger mail in JMC 7.0.

Outdated mail.api was causing compatibility issue with "activation", "smtp" and other required bundles,

hence updated mail.api and required dependencies.

With proposed fix, mail gets triggered as expected and if smtp is not configured relevant exceptions are thrown.

Regards,
Prem