SV: Review Request for JMC-5366 : Abort generating of a page if the user switches to another.

Erik Gahlin erik.gahlin at oracle.com
Mon Apr 8 12:18:18 UTC 2019

Hi Deepa,

Previously (4.x) there was a flag that would terminate a "view model
builder" job, if a new task was started.

That way, it was possible to navigate quickly around, using both mouse
and keyboard, and between tabs and tables/graphs. The background task
would poll a terminated flag once every 100 000 event that was
processed. It made the GUI very responsive, even with large recordings.

I haven't tried the current patch, so it is hard for me to compare, but
waiting for a selection doesn't seem sufficient if there is a lot of
data to process.

Have you tried with a recording with 10-20 million events?

Thanks
Erik