RFR 8211331: [Event Request] Events to track Unsafe memory allocations

gerard ziemski gerard.ziemski at oracle.com
Fri Apr 26 18:00:08 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Please review this feature, which adds JFR event tracking for Unsafe
memory allocations/deallocations.

I chose to use malloc_size() on Mac, malloc_usable_size() on Linux and
_msize() on Windows to track pointer size, which allowed me to track the
sizes during deallocations (as well as the actual sizes that the OS
allocated). Other platforms have that feature disabled, but still track
the (client) allocation sizes.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~gziemski/8211331_rev1
Testing: Mach5 tier1 passes, Mach5 tier1,2,3,4,5,6,7 in progress…

cheers