[jmm-dev] Another way to punt OOTA

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Thu Oct 30 07:55:57 UTC 2014

On 29/10/14 01:39, Hans Boehm wrote:
> Here's another conceivable approach.  This sounds somewhat crazy based on
> our prior assumptions, but it may only be mildly crazy, so here goes.  (I
> ran this past Jeremy who thought it was at least mildly crazy.)

I think it's mildly crazy.  As discussed, real hardware doesn't
manifest true OOTA values: the OOTA problem is a problem with our
models, not with our systems.  Changing (and slowing down) our systems
in order to accommodate the inadequacies of our models is rather to
put the cart before the horse, is it not?

Andrew.