jdk jtreg tests partial completion

Shrinivas Joshi shrinivas.joshi at oracle.com
Thu Nov 24 00:52:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am trying to execute all of the 'jdk' project jtreg tests on a
SPARC-T4 system with 64 vcpus @2.8GHz that has 128GB memory. Following
is the command-line I am using:

/path/to/jtreg_4.2/bin/jtreg
-testjdk:/path/to/jdk_repo/build/solaris-sparcv9-normal-server-release/images/jdk
-va -agentvm -conc:8 -timeoutFactor:30 -automatic -ignore:quiet
-r:/path/to/JTReport/ -w:/path/to/JTWork/
-exclude:/path/to/jdk_repo/jdk/test/ProblemList.txt
-nativepath:/path/to/jdk_repo/build/solaris-sparcv9-normal-server-release/images/test/jdk/jtreg/native/
jdk/test

The jdk_repo is based off of http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/hs/

It executes 3843 tests (out of ~11K) and then seems to stop silently
without any apparent indication of error. In one of the runs, the last
executed test case (jdk/test/com/sun/net/httpserver/Test7a.java)
completes successfully. In another run, the last executed test case
(jdk/test/com/sun/net/httpserver/Test8a.java) failed with
"java.io.IOException: Error writing to server"; see [1]. Thus, no report
gets generated in JTReport dir. Please let me know what I should look
for to debug this issue further. So far, looking into JTWork dir has not
provided any concrete clues.

Also, I execute this as a background job and hence don't want to include
any of the AWT or other tests that require manual inputs. I thought
-automatic is the way to disable those, but there are certain tests that
fail with "Execution failed: `main' threw exception: java.awt.AWTError:
Can't connect to X11 window server using 'localhost:10.0' as the value
of the DISPLAY variable". Is there something I am missing here.

Thanks,
-Shrinivas

[1]:
java.io.IOException: Error writing to server
         at
java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.writeRequests(HttpURLConnection.java:696)
         at
java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.writeRequests(HttpURLConnection.java:708)
         at
java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1556)
         at
java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1463)
         at
java.base/java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:480)
         at
java.base/sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getResponseCode(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:319)
         at Test8a.main(Test8a.java:78)
         at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
         at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
         at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
         at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:537)
         at
com.sun.javatest.regtest.agent.MainWrapper$MainThread.run(MainWrapper.java:110)