Problem with vmoptions versus javaoptions

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Mon Jun 25 23:28:06 UTC 2018

Hi Jon,

On 26/06/2018 2:58 AM, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:
> David,
>
> What info is available in the .jtr file regarding the command lines that
> were constructed?

Ah! We don't get that far:

Error: VM option 'UseJVMCICompiler' is experimental and must be enabled
via -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions.
Error: The unlock option must precede 'UseJVMCICompiler'.
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
Error: failed to get JDK properties for
/export/users/dh198349/jdk-dev/open/test/hotspot/jtreg/../../../../build/linux-x64-debug/images/jdk/bin/java
-XX:+UseJVMCICompiler -Xcomp -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions; exit code 1

Sorry that last line was important.

David