Problem with vmoptions versus javaoptions

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Wed Jun 27 21:42:02 UTC 2018

Just to close this off, the problem was quoting as Martin had suggested.
One of my scripts didn't use "$@", so the quotes on the string of
javaoptions were removed which made jtreg only see the first one (the
Ulockxxx) as a javaoption which was then moved to the end of the option
list - hence the error.

Thanks,
David

On 27/06/2018 3:35 AM, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:
> David,
>
> If it is convenient for you to find it, can you send me the complete
> jtreg command line that you are using?
>
> -- Jon
>

> On 06/25/2018 06:01 PM, David Holmes wrote:
>> On 26/06/2018 9:50 AM, Jonathan Gibbons wrote:
>>> Thanks for adding the last line; it was important.
>>>
>>> Yes, jtreg was trying to set up the command to get the custom
>>> property definitions from the JVM under tests. This happens once, at
>>> the beginning of the run.
>>>
>>> I've not seen this "order of options" show up as a problem before.
>>>
>>> In this case, the command line contains the following, in order,
>>>
>>> 1. the options specified by `-vmoptions`
>>> 2. by the options specified by `-javaoptions`
>>> 3. any additional options needed for the module system