RFR 8146368(xs): JShell: couldn't smash the error when it's Japanese locale

ShinyaYoshida bitterfoxc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 10:20:45 UTC 2016

Hi Robert,
Thank you for pushing.

> As you mentioned, i18n has not been addressed yet. Can I address it after
> this?
>

> What dd you have in mind?

In my mind:
For general:
- Create a umbrella issue, "Globalize"
- Create subtasks for the issue, "Internationalize", "Localize for
Japanese" and "Localize for Chinese"
(The former add the system for localization to jshell. In the other, the
message will be translated to Japanese/Chinese)
- It is unnecessary to localize the messages for debug printing or
exceptions

For jshell tool
- Add resource bundles what contains the message formats or some pieces of
the message, for Locale.ROOT, Japanese and Chinese:
 - Translation to Japanese and Chinese will be done by oracle translation
team(?, I don't know the detail of translation)
- Add JShellMessage which represent the message. It has a key and arguments
for the message(TextFormat)
- Add JShellMessages which controls resource bundles and localize
JShellMessage and has some factory methods for JShellMessage
- In JShellTool, it has one instance of JShellMessages and currentLocale,
and uses them to print the message

(Now I have no idea how to test this.)

For JShell API
- Add resource bundles for the error message or warning.
- Add the resource bundles to JavacMessages by TaskFactory
- Use it in Eval#modifierDiagnostics

What do you think?
(Unfortunately I cannot spare my time to this until mid-february because
I'm busy at my graduation thesis ;-( )

BTW, I notice that I have 8+ changesets in jdk9 repo:
/
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/rev/d9edec389373

/langtools
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/langtools/rev/15bdc18525ff
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/langtools/rev/cf000bae9c31
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/langtools/rev/d2713a6edc13
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/langtools/rev/c5237b05fff9
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/langtools/rev/51136404ee5e
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/langtools/rev/70fe7cf1ac65

/dev
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/jdk/rev/2aae624bb833
http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/jdk/rev/bf153b12450b

I'm wondering if you could nominate me as a jdk9 committer?
http://openjdk.java.net/projects/#project-committer

Best Regards,
shinyafox(Shinya Yoshida)

Thanks,