Comments on the straw man...

Patrick Wright pdoubleya at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 12:17:30 PST 2009

Paul

The term "not-invented-here" is generally used as a soft slur. It also
implies that the speaker (who's claiming NIH) knows something about
the intentions of the people they are accusing of NIH. I think it's a
(mild) form of ad hominem attack or criticism. I think we should just
drop it. We can criticize any of the proposals on technical grounds,
and that's the reason we have a public list, to gather input far and
wide, but on technical grounds.

There's been plenty of criticism of the various parties, whether
people or corporations, related to their lack of
action/decision/commitment related to closures. I don't think we need
that here. There are plenty of other forums for that kind of talk.

Regards
Patrick