Method calls vs lambda calls

Mikael Grev grev at miginfocom.com
Mon Dec 14 23:32:57 PST 2009

Isn't this comparable to the problem of hiding a field with a local? I mean complexity wise. And I think the times you happen to use the same local name as a field is a lot more common.

If so I think that it will be enough that the IDEs are color coding them.

Disallow overloaded names is unfortunately not an option since adding new methods would then break code more frequently.

Cheers,
Mikael