return-from-lambda viewed as dangerous, good alternatives

Neal Gafter neal at gafter.com
Fri Jan 8 15:32:45 PST 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Lawrence Kesteloot <lk at teamten.com> wrote:
>> How would one declare the parameters of a block?
>
> See your control invocation syntax, which I like a lot.

I didn't ask how to pass it to a method.  They should be able to be
used elesewhere, or more than one of them passed to a method, or used
where they yield a result.

>> How would one yield its result value?
>
> Blocks never yield results. Blocks don't yield results now, functions
> do. You need that, use a closure.

But your closures aren't transparent.  It sounds like your "blocks"
might be transparent, they don't satisfy the requirements for control
abstraction.