JDK7 with lambda's downloadable

Neal Gafter neal at gafter.com
Thu Sep 9 22:39:00 PDT 2010

Brian-

Does Oracle offer a patent grant so that we can *use* the lambda prototype,
whether from our own builds or prebuilt by Oracle?  The GPLv2 license
doesn't include such a patent grant, and the Java patent promise doesn't
apply because the lambda prototype isn't an implementation of any Java
platform specification.  Without such a patent grant we would be violating
Oracle's patent rights by running the prototype.

Cheers,
Neal