C/P/N/Q par vs. seq break-even analysis with 10ms think time

Aleksey Shipilev aleksey.shipilev at oracle.com
Wed Oct 17 07:31:26 PDT 2012

FYI, I had updated the fjp-trace to track UNPARK->UNPARKED edges. This
allows to infer the cost of unparking the thread, please see updated
chart at [4]. Notice the red edges there, their sources are at UNPARK
request for a thread, and destinations are at UNPARKED, when thread has
indeed woken up.

It looks very like a FJP rampup lags, when we try to wake up many
threads exponentially (but still too slow).

-Aleksey.