Optional require(s) NonNull

Paul Benedict pbenedict at apache.org
Tue Oct 30 12:44:33 PDT 2012

Gregg,

I am not sure of the kind of response you wish to evoke....

The JDK is not a democratic development effort; it's lead by hand-picked
engineers who have their ears open to the community. At the end of the day,
the engineer's are responsible for making the "best" decision -- not
mailing list subscribers like you and me. I don't see how your complaint is
specific to this development community; I bet you can find people saying
the same negative things about CodeHaus, SourceForge, and Apache.

Paul