Optional class is just a Value

Kevin Bourrillion kevinb at google.com
Wed Sep 19 10:41:14 PDT 2012

For what it's worth, the Guava team still feels very happy with our choice
of the name Optional for this construct.  An Optional<String> *is* an
optional string.  It is not an "option string".  And it rolls of the tongue
a lot better than a "maybe string". It's certainly not well described as a
"value string".

--
Kevin Bourrillion | Java Librarian | kevinb at google.com | 650-450-7126