Predicates?

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Thu Apr 18 12:12:25 PDT 2013

We actually have one which we're considering getting rid of :)

The ones you outline are fairly low-value; they make tons of sense in a
world when inner classes are your only tool, but

   () -> false

is more compact and more efficient and just as clear as

   Predicates.alwaysFalse()

So our approach is to mostly avoid such trivial conveniences.