Function Composition

John Nilsson john at milsson.nu
Tue Jan 1 16:29:53 PST 2013

Btw, compose and andThen feels like Scala to me. So there's some precedence
for that choice of names. Did you have any other source in mind? Besides
the proliferation of the ∘ in math texts I can't really think of any
specific common understanding of "compose" meaning some specific thing, I
don't think Scala qualifies as "common" at this time.
So my argument was that even the math people can agree to interpret
"compose" as ";", while less commonly used, it's the same operation.
Given that we both agree that "andThen" should be used instead, why even
have the other? And if there is only the one, why not call it by it's
natural name "compose"?

BR,
John