Lambda b73 promotion, lambda repo synced with JDK8 mainline and bad news for MacOSX builders

Mike Duigou mike.duigou at oracle.com
Tue Jan 15 17:15:08 PST 2013

Hello lambdanaters:

New early access binaries of Java 8 with Lambda are now available (b73).

I have also synced the lambda repos with jdk8 mainline. In the process it appears I brought across a problem for MacOSX users. Something is wrong with the configure script for MacOS X:

configure: error: The tested number of bits in the target (64) differs from the number of bits expected to be found in the target (32)

Unfortunately I am seeing the same error for jdk8/jdk8 mainline. I have followed up with build-dev to hopefully find a resolution.

Mike