bad news for lambda MacOSX builders

Mike Duigou mike.duigou at oracle.com
Tue Jan 15 18:39:27 PST 2013

False alarm on the "bad news for MacOSX builders" (unless you, like me, use mac ports).

The problem turned out to be caused by the mac ports version of 'file' (required by their port of subversion). For a unix executable foo it outputs

foo: Mach-O 64-bit executable

rather than the expected (by common/autoconf/build-aux/autoconf-config.guess) value:

foo: Mach-O 64-bit executable x86_64

I've now put mac ports at the end of my command path....

Mike