Spliterator issue?

Paul Sandoz paul.sandoz at oracle.com
Fri Mar 29 07:17:27 PDT 2013

On Mar 27, 2013, at 3:50 PM, Ben Evans <benjamin.john.evans at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Paul Sandoz <paul.sandoz at oracle.com> wrote:
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> I think we can go ahead and commit this but i would like to iterate further on it. Did you see my email on testing? I think we can improve the scope of testing by copying the example i presented and we can widen the test data, for example we should have 0 length strings and regexes that match no input, just to test empty data.
>
> Sounds like a good plan. Is there a good time to catch up on Skype /
> IRC so we can work on the additional tests?

Ping me on skype if you see me online.

>> I can commit tomorrow if you like. I may tidy up the javadoc a little and add some extra characteristics.
>
> Cool, sounds good. I'm still tied up at Devoxx today, but should be
> around tomorrow.

Sorry, getting around to this a bit later than expected.

Did you mean to return Stream<CharSequence> or Stream<String> ?

The JavaDoc docs states:

"If this pattern does not match any subsequence of the input then the resulting
stream has just one element, namely the input sequence in string form"

and:

     * @return The stream of strings computed by splitting the input around
     *         matches of this pattern

implying String.