FlatMapper

Remi Forax forax at univ-mlv.fr
Tue Feb 12 11:17:46 PST 2013

On 02/12/2013 07:59 PM, Brian Goetz wrote:
>> Are we going to have a consistency issue with FlatMapper vs.
>> Function?  For instance we have ToIntFunction, but not
>> ToIntFlatMapper.  Instead we have FlatMapper.ToInt.
>

> I think that's a function of where it lands, which is open for
> discussion.  Currently it is in java.util.stream, where the dominant
> convention is Foo.OfBar.  If we moved it to java.util.function, we'd
> "flatten" the namespace.
>
> I currently lean towards JUS, since this does not seem as important a
> top-level type as Function, Predicate, or Supplier. But such decisions
> often turn around to bite one.

I've already said this, but nobody cares,
there is a usability issue with FlatMapper.ToInt, the very same that the
one that was reported more than 10 years ago when java.awt.geom
introduces classes like Point2D.Double [1][2].

cheers,
Rémi
[1] http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4198349
[2] https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1665781