Point lambdafications in java.io

Remi Forax forax at univ-mlv.fr
Tue Jun 18 12:49:34 PDT 2013

On 06/18/2013 09:22 PM, Brian Goetz wrote:
> I am not sure we have the same understanding of the word "can't" :)
> This is definitely a valid concern (thanks for raising it!), but it's
> a long way from there to "can't."

I you prefer, you can translate "can't" to "It will be very annoying at
least 1,643,467 developers*".

> I have to assume this warning is not enabled by default in most IDEs?

Wrong assumption :)
It's enabled by default in the current release of Eclipse 3.7/4.2 (the
one released last year).
see
http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jdt.doc.user%2Freference%2Fpreferences%2Fjava%2Fcompiler%2Fref-preferences-errors-warnings.htm&anchor=resource-leak

Rémi