RFR : JDK-8001642 : Add Optional<T>, OptionalDouble, OptionalInt, OptionalLong

Joe Bowbeer joe.bowbeer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 11:46:09 PST 2013

In this case, I do not favor the addition. I'll believe the Option lovers
that Options are cool and that our version is good enough.

The alternative is OK too but I think it would be worse to include both as
long as our Option is good enough. If our Option is not good enough then we
should adopt the alternative instead.

So far, in my one limited use (findFirst) or Optional works OK.

Still wondering about equals and hashCode...