Serialization opt-in syntax (summary)

Dan Smith daniel.smith at oracle.com
Tue Oct 9 10:37:55 PDT 2012

On Oct 9, 2012, at 12:07 AM, Remi Forax <forax at univ-mlv.fr> wrote:

> - use a cast to (Foo & Serializable) but the solution to allow users to use & to specify a type
>   is far from easy and require investigation and we haven't time for that.

For my part, I wouldn't claim that there's no time.  It's just something for the to-do list to prioritize along with other things on the to-do list.

And the option of making it only work when directly preceding lambdas/method refs is a viable fallback if general support for intersection casts doesn't make the cut.

—Dan