[jsr-335-eg] Default method survey results

Andrey Breslav andrey.breslav at jetbrains.com
Sun Oct 21 06:54:32 PDT 2012

> On 8/23/2012 5:36 PM, Rémi Forax wrote:
>> I think it
>> will be better to not use "default" as keyword name to avoid confusion
>> with default access visibility rules.
>> What about "alternative", "second", "else", "defender" ?
>
> And one obvious one we forgot (which was the one we started with!):
>
>  extension void foo() { … }

It think this one is very misleading. Those who knew the term before, would think this is not what it actually is.
Those who didn't know the term before will be OK until they come across the same word in the different context.
Let's avoid this confusion. It is almost as bad as saying that Java 8 has traits.

--
Andrey Breslav
http://jetbrains.com