lambda-spec-comments post from zhong.j.yu at gmail.com requires approval

Brian Goetz brian.goetz at oracle.com
Wed Nov 20 08:12:18 PST 2013

Corrections on both counts:
  - Your message was received the first time and posted to the comments
list; you can check the archive to see.
  - We most emphatically do read the comments list.  (Why would we go
through the trouble of setting up a list which we don't read?)  What we
don't do is *respond* to it, because its for submitting comments, not
for discussion.  We make a strong commitment that everything sent to the
comments list is reviewed, and if appropriate, discussed in the EG.  The
cost of that is that we don't respond in real-time, nor do we support
ongoing discussions on that list, to ensure that the comments list
remains a high signal-to-noise list that justifies the strong commitment
we make for it.