Re: Integrated: 8249659: [Lanai] Crash while running RenderPerfTest with metal pipeli…

Alexey Ushakov alexey.ushakov at jetbrains.com
Fri Aug 14 10:56:33 UTC 2020

Hi Jay,

Unfortunately we should not release MTLRenderPassDescriptor manually as it registered in some autorelease pool. So, when that pool is released we have a crash. But looks like the pool that is used for attaching  MTLRenderPassDescriptor has not proper life time. I’m going to refactor memory management (rough idea is to have autorelease pool for each RenderQueue flush action).

BTW, this week I’m on vacation (be back on Tuesday next week)

Best Regards,
Alexey