RFR: 8260578: Replace wildcard imports with specific ones

Ajit Ghaisas aghaisas at openjdk.java.net
Thu Jan 28 10:09:02 UTC 2021

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 09:48:20 GMT, Ajit Ghaisas <aghaisas at openjdk.org> wrote:

> The new files added in Lanai code-base have wildcard imports at several places. Replace them with specific import statements.

I have replaced all wildcard imports from newly added files except below 3 files.

src/java.desktop/macosx/classes/sun/java2d/metal/MTLMaskFill.java
src/java.desktop/macosx/classes/sun/java2d/metal/MTLMaskBlit.java
src/java.desktop/macosx/classes/sun/java2d/metal/MTLGraphicsConfig.java

I found that in above files, replacing individual static imports for constants/objects will unnecessarily bloat the source. In this case it is better to use wildcard imports.