RFR: dcubed - misc cleanups of jvm.cpp and JVM/TI files.

Serguei Spitsyn sspitsyn at openjdk.java.net
Fri Apr 8 01:40:53 UTC 2022

On Thu, 7 Apr 2022 18:32:56 GMT, Daniel D. Daugherty <dcubed at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Misc cleanups of jvm.cpp and JVM/TI files.

src/hotspot/share/prims/jvmtiEventController.cpp line 578:

> 576:       // Update the JavaThread or mounted virtual thread cached value for
> 577:       // thread-specific should_post_on_exceptions value.
> 578:       bool should_post_on_exceptions = (any_env_enabled & SHOULD_POST_ON_EXCEPTIONS_BITS) != 0;

The updated comment does not look correct, so I want to clarify. We update the JavaThread for both normal and virtual thread. However, virtual thread can be unmounted. There is no JavaThread to update in this case.
Then the updated comment (in your style) should say something like this:

      // The JavaThread for carrier or mounted virtual thread case.
      // Update the cached value for thread-specific should_post_on_exceptions value.

But I feel that the original comments were okay. :)