RFR: StackChunk only special in null loader.

Dean Long dlong at openjdk.java.net
Sat Apr 23 01:42:43 UTC 2022

On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 19:46:48 GMT, Coleen Phillimore <coleenp at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This adds a check and a test so that only the real StackChunk is treated as StackChunk.

Is there something subtle going on that makes jdk.internal.vm.StackChunk special?  We use the vmSymbols methods all over the place, and I thought there were rules about those classes only being loaded from the system classloader.  So why do we need to treat vmSymbols::jdk_internal_vm_StackChunk() different from, say, vmSymbols::java_lang_Class()?