Request for review: 7131367 [macosx] reg test test/java/awt/Window/TranslucentJAppletTest fails

Anthony Petrov anthony.petrov at oracle.com
Wed Feb 1 08:22:58 PST 2012

Hi Sergey,

All the other peers call super.initialize() in the beginning of their
overridden initialize() methods, and making an exception just for the
LWWindowPeer seems to be inconsistent. Since the only reason for that is
to postpone the setVisible() call, I would suggest either introducing
pre- and post-Initialize() methods (the approach is similar to
XToolkit), or there might be a flag that could be reset in LWWindowPeer
ctor that would indicate that LWComponentPeer.initialize() shouldn't
call setVisible(). Then, the LWWindowPeer.initialize() would call
setVisible() as its last step.

It just seems that having the inconsistency as present in your current
fix may hurt us in the future when e.g. we modify the logic in the
LWComponentPeer.initialize() and would expect it to be in effect before
setting additional properties for the LWWindowPeer.

--
best regards,
Anthony