Mac OS X port - update

Mike Swingler swingler at apple.com
Fri Feb 3 16:41:08 PST 2012

Xcode has never installed Java, so you will still need some form of Java to get the build going, but that doesn't mean it can't be OpenJDK itself.

There is still the issue that the only place to get the "current" JavaRuntimeSupport.framework headers is from the Apple Java package, however now that 10.7.3 is shipped to customers, we would like to get the current headers into the 10.7 SDK which is shipped with Xcode. After that, OpenJDK 7 should be able to bootstrap itself on a clean 10.7.3 machine, with no Apple Java installed.

Exciting times,
Mike Swingler
Apple Inc.