java.library.path fix for MacOS X (7145798)

Mike Swingler swingler at apple.com
Sat Feb 18 08:42:23 PST 2012

On Feb 18, 2012, at 8:17 AM, Michael Hall wrote:

> [Limiting response to macosx-port]
>
> On Feb 17, 2012, at 7:02 PM, Mike Swingler wrote:

>>> OK, sort of wondered about that. I would maybe see an advantage to loading from classpath in this case. Or, will the plist support some sort of $JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH or similar that would allow this to specify a path within the 'code signed bundle'?
>>
>> You should be able to specify -Djava.library.path=$JAVA_ROOT in the VM arguments Info.plist key to refer to the (YourApp.app)/Contents/Java directory.
>
> Actually, it looks to be there already. In the JavaAppLauncher JVMArgs.m off the changeset(?) mentioned by Greg Brown.
>
>   // add $JAVAROOT directory to the JNI library search path
>    setenv("JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH", [javaRoot UTF8String], 1);

Great. I knew it should be possible one way or another. :-)

> Haven't got my app launching yet to verify that yet. So far it doesn't seem to honor the ClassPath plist key which from a quick look at the source it seems like it should. Could be something I'm doing wrong yet there though. Just trying to take Greg Browns SwingSet2 demo and tweak it manually at this point. Haven't tried the ant build, figure thats step 2.
>
> OK, I think there may be a problem in that the bundle directory has been changed to JavaVM
> but JVMArgs.m shows in one place
> NSString *GetJavaRoot(NSDictionary *jvmInfoDict) {
>    NSObject *javaRoot = [jvmInfoDict objectForKey:@"$JAVAROOT"];
>    if (![javaRoot isKindOfClass:[NSString class]]) return @"$APP_PACKAGE/Contents/Java";
>    return (NSString *)javaRoot;
> }
> I can access the XCode project now but get errors on the build, so can't verify if changing the /Java to /JavaVM would correct $JAVAROOT issues.

The bundle directory has not been changed to "JavaVM", only the Info.plist key for the dictionary that describes all the Java options. Nothing should be attempting to assemble an (app)/Contents/JavaVM directory.

Regards,
Mike Swingler
Apple Inc.