Java 7 for Mac OSX

niagarasoft20-macosxportdev at yahoo.com niagarasoft20-macosxportdev at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 18:38:28 PST 2012

Because supporting the 32/64 bit architecture is very much in the 'spirit' of ubiquitousnessof Java.

I suggest we consider also the users, who, only a few years ago, purchased/licensed 'legacy' hardware for thousands of dollars. I personally feel an obligation to support those users. Call it karma if you will and I feel that it is very much in the interest of Oracle Corp particularly when it seems that everyone else is headed in the opposite direction.

Mike

Supporting a second architecture effectively doubles the testing overhead, and basically doubles the budget you need to spend on QA. What is the benefit to Oracle Corp for supporting a legacy architecture?