Java 7 for Mac OSX

Johannes Schindelin Johannes.Schindelin at gmx.de
Tue Feb 21 15:41:26 PST 2012

Hi Mike,

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012, Mike Swingler wrote:

> Not speaking for Oracle, but that is the logically the stance of Apple
> as of 2010, if you want to use Java 7 on the Mac:
> <http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/11/12Oracle-and-Apple-Announce-OpenJDK-Project-for-Mac-OS-X.html>

Thanks, that explanation helped. Silly me misunderstood this part:

	Apple will contribute most of the key components, tools and
	technology required for a Java SE 7 implementation on Mac OS X,
	including a 32-bit and 64-bit HotSpot-based Java virtual machine,
	[...]

to mean that Java on MacOSX will continue to be a universal binary.

Thank you for helping a weak of mind!
Johannes