AppBundler: wrong working directory

Greg Brown greg.x.brown at oracle.com
Tue Feb 28 09:30:21 PST 2012

Hi Tobi,

You are correct - the Ant bundler doesn't currently set the working directory. I have proposed modifying the launcher app to set the working directory to the bundle root:

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/macosx-port-dev/2012-February/003289.html

However, I'm not sure that would have any effect on the behavior you are seeing. The launcher is now calling JLI_Launch() to start the JVM rather than calling into JNI directly. JLI_Launch() may be setting the working directory to the user's home directory (which may be intentional - I'm not sure yet).

What impact does this have on your app? Is it something you could work around if it turns out that user.home is the correct default?