What is the Build Process for Codes inside jdk/src/macosx/native/jobjc

Dan Xu dan.xu at oracle.com
Wed Apr 17 17:50:20 PDT 2013

Hi David,

Under src/macosx/native/jobjc folder, it contains not only native *.m
source files, but also *.java files. If you check the build results in
build/macosx-x86_64-normal-server-release/jdk folder, it contains some
build results specific for jobjc, say gensrc_jobjc/,
gensrc_headers_jobjc/, jobjc_classes/, jobjc_classes_headers/.

So it must have some extra build steps to generate those jobjc results.
And I wonder what they are and why they are special and not merged into
the regular native compilation and java compilation processes. Thanks!

-Dan