[8] Request for review: 7161575 [macosx] On MacOSX port java.awt.Toolkit.is/setDynamicLayout() are not consistent

Sergey Bylokhov Sergey.Bylokhov at oracle.com
Tue Apr 23 06:18:05 PDT 2013

Hello,
Please review the fix for jdk 8.
DynamicLayout functionality was added to the LWToolkit. All new methods
just a stubs, because on macosx "live-resize" is always enabled.
But I have doubts about isDynamicLayoutActive. Because according to the
javadoc:
"Returns whether dynamic layout of Containers on resize is currently
active (both set in program ( |isDynamicLayoutSet()| ) , and supported
by the underlying operating system and/or window manager)."
And in the javadoc of setDynamicLayout:
"On these platforms where dynamic layout during resizing is not
supported (or is always supported), setting this property has no effect."

In the current fix i assume that we can ignore user's data in
isDynamicLayoutActive if DynamicLayout is always supported.

Bug: http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7161575
Webrev can be found at: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~serb/7161575/webrev.00/

--
Best regards, Sergey.